The Ring is a non-profit organization, and as such relies on the engagement and the commitment of volunteers to assist in its operation. Occasionally you will see requests for help in preparing the theater for productions, with load-ins and strikes of incoming and outgoing shows, tech work, or administrative tasks.
However, with almost 200 performances every Season,
our greatest need by far is to keep building our
FRONT OF HOUSE TEAM!
We have a few training / meet & greet sessions coming up:
Saturday, August 19, 10 AM
Sunday, August 20, 10 AM
Monday, August 21, 6 PM
Tuesday, August 22, 6 PM
Saturday, September 2, 10 AM
Sunday, September 3, 12 PM
We'll give you a tour, explain the responsibilities that the position entails and answer any questions you might have. Come see if this can be for you!
And if you need more information to make up your mind, here's some FAQs about the role:
What does the job entail?
- Get to the Ring one hour before the performance
- Make sure the house looks neat
- Stock programs and concessions
- In concert with the Stage Manager, open the house
- Welcome patrons, check them in, sell tickets & concessions
- Attend the show
- Quick tidying up of theatre and lobby after the show
How often can I do it?
- You can cover as few or as many shows as you wish. We'd love to have you at least once a month, but only if it works for you!
- If you sign up for a shift and something comes up, you can just let us know with a bit of notice and we'll find a replacement.
What skills are required?
- No previous experience required
- Kindness, good communication skills and love for theatre!
- Minimal comfort with technology (our ticketing platform is super easy!)
What do I get out of it?
- You get to see shows for free (save $25-28)
- You get to support our theatre, and network with the artists and audience members. You become integral part of the Ring community!
PLEASE NOTE: We can offer a small thank you stipend ($35) for folks who cannot afford to volunteer!
For further info please don't hesitate to contact
Margherita@playersring.org | 603 265 7462