SUBMISSION ARE OPEN
for the 2024/2025 Main Stage Season
deadline: January 14, 23:59 pm
Located in a historic building right on Prescott Park in Portsmouth, since 1992 the Players Ring strives to nurture creative freedom and artistic excellence within the local artist community, and to offer patrons inspiring theatre experiences within its uniquely intimate performance space.
At the core of the Ring's Season is an average of eight to ten Main Stage productions, which typically run for a total of twelve performances over three weekends and are included in our subscription packages. Additionally, the Ring's Season features special programs such as holiday shows, cabaret and improv nights, film screenings and staged readings of plays involved in the Ring-Works program.
Most shows are produced by the Players' Ring but some may be produced by external production companies or individuals in partnership with the Ring. Read more about the difference between these two production models here.
While a few titles may be scouted, commissioned or selected directly by the Ring, your best chance to have your submission included in the season is pitching it through the annual Ring Toss. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet and network with fellow theatre makers, and hear what’s cooking in the hearts and minds of local artists.
Here's what you can do:
- Complete the Ring Toss submission form below. Please be as detailed as possible. Attach a PDF of the piece you are submitting. For a secured slot, the deadline for submission is January 14 , 2024, at 23.59 PM. Later submissions will only be included at the discretion of the Ring staff if time allows.
- Each applicant can submit a maximum of 2 proposals.
- The next step is to pitch your piece at the Ring Toss on Saturday January 20th, 2024 from 10:00 am to 1:00pm at the Ring at 105 Marcy Street in Portsmouth. For the consideration of all involved, please be prepared to keep to a tight 3 minutes. Once your online submission is reviewed, we will share details regarding the pitch.
- After that, the Ring staff with the support of a group of readers will read and evaluate every submission. A final selection will be presented to the Ring’s Board. You might be contacted for further questions and to discuss the ideal production model. For more information about evaluation process and criteria, please read here.
- The target date for the MainStage Season Announcement is May 3, 2024.
Don't hesitate to contact Margherita at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to getting to know you and your work!
Dionysia 2024 | Short Play Festival
June 7 - 9, 2024
A project of Outcast Productions in collaborations with The Players’ Ring
Submissions closed on October 31, 2023 | 23:59 PM
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED!
Playwrights will be notified by: December 31, 2023
Casting will take place in February 2024
Rehearsals will commence in May 2024
What happens if my play is selected?
If your play is chosen, the producers will fully cast, produce & direct/stage the show, by selecting an ensemble of artists and identifying and supplying simple set, lighting and sound requirements.
As playwright, you will be welcome to join and witness the process, if you are interested and available to do so.
At this stage we are unable to remunerate the artists involved, but you will be offered 2 complimentary tickets to attend one day of the festival.
For more information contact Alex Bickerstaff : firstname.lastname@example.org